Re: extra-interactive functions

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: extra-interactive functions
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:10:12 -0500

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 20:59:29 +0200 martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

>> You're sort of side-stepping my suggestion of a special tag for
>> functions that should not be called from ELisp.  Is it because you think
>> it's too unusual to be useful, or something else?

mr> Such functions should be in `byte-compile-interactive-only-functions'.

Oh cool, so it already exists :) Can the docstring for those functions
automatically include a warning about usage from ELisp?  Since you're so
careful about including functions in that list, it makes sense to use it
authoritatively.

mr> Currently, I don't want to include `switch-to-buffer' because it would
mr> create too many useless warnings.  Eventually, I have to check in every
mr> single case whether the intended use is to really show the buffer in the
mr> selected window or simply in some window.

mr> We could add `find-file' though ;-)

Works for me.

Ted