Re: Recursive compilation?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Recursive compilation?
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 17:54:41 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> There's a controversy about that, because there are legitimate and
> important use cases where Stefan's simpler solution causes trouble.

I think I missed that discussion.  Do you have a recap, by any chance?
:-)

In any case, I think it would make sense to make this an option.  For
instance, a new variable `byte-compile-load-newest-file' defaulting to
nil.  The obvious use case would be for the Emacs makefiles to set that
to t before compiling the .el files, which I'm sure would save us all a
bit of time over the coming years.