Re: just-the-text Emacs frame

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: just-the-text Emacs frame
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:38:03 +0200

On Fri, Jun 03 2011, Jan Djärv wrote:

> This might not behave as you wish.  Some window managers (metacity at least)
> apply struts to all windows made by an application if one window has struts
> set.  For Emacs that would mean that if you set struts on one frame, it
> applies to all frames.

I don't believe you. That sounds like an extra amount of code to write
that would break EWMH explicitely. Quickly reading Metacity source code
makes me believe that you're wrong too.

(Now, I don't have time to find/write an app to check that, so, one of
us is wrong! :-)

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info