Re: Recursive compilation?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Recursive compilation?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:51:27 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Any other objection?

The only objection of note is, I think, the one about not wanting things
to go into "production" until you actually byte-compile the file.  But I
don't think that's a very important objection, especially if we include
a `byte-compile-load-newest-file' variable, and default it to t.  Then
people who want the old behaviour can get it if they want it.  But my
guess is that most people would want to load the newest file when
byte-compiling.