Re: org-src.el begin_src/end_src fontification may have been broken rece

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: org-src.el begin_src/end_src fontification may have been broken recently
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:53:04 -0500

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:41:38 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:

TZ> On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 01:00:30 +0200 Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> What should I do with my patch?

B> Just dismiss it.

TZ> Hmm, but Gnus stops displaying articles when that error happens, leaving
TZ> them half-shown.  Should I patch Gnus or org.el to avoid that?  We can't
TZ> rely on those syntax blocks to always be good, and it's hard(er) to
TZ> debug problems in the fontification code.

Unfortunately, when modes not available are quoted
(e.g. "haskell-mode"), the error also happens.  So I think there should
be general protection in org.el against any block fontification failure.
My patch doesn't provide that and can be discarded; can you consider
this a bug then?  Should I submit it as an Emacs bug or to the org-mode
authors?

Thanks
Ted