Default value for shell-delimiter-argument-list

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 03:34:43 +0200

Hi.

Today I tried to cd into a directory named "Introduction & motivation/"
while in shell-mode, by typing I and then TAB.  To my surprise the
resulting expanded and quoted name was "Introduction\\ &\\ motivation"
instead of "Inroduction\\ \\&\\ motivation".

Unfortunately I only realized what was going on after hitting RET and
having bash trying to execute the command "motivation".

Seems that the default value of shell-delimiter-argument-list was
changed to nil as a way to fix bug #8027 [1].  As a consequence the
expanded filenames in shell-mode are not safe to be included in a
command line.

Is that a definitive fix or just a workaround until a better solution is
found for the problem with the !! completion?

[1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8027

--
Jose E. Marchesi    address@hidden
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org