Feature change or bug - Emacs server

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Feature change or bug - Emacs server
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 01:49:20 +0900

Ted,

1+ on not attempting to implement  what you call the pile of
undefined / open-ended Web specs in Emacs -- I say this even
though I would love to have a full-fledged browser in Emacs.

Eventually, I think we should connect emacs to Firefox and / or
Chrome over a socket -- mozrepl for Firefox did a lot of this,
but appears to have stalled. Chrome has a socket-level debugging
protocol that could be leveraged for this -- google searches
showed an early glimpse of this at github.

Tim, that may be something you might want to look at.

As someone who "already" uses Emacs as the desktop (via
Emacspeak), I definitely think emacs-panel.el could make the
Emacspeak Audio Desktop even better -- and I look forward to
it. One of the first things I would want is to mimic things like
nm-applet -- today, that's one of the few things I find
impossible to do without waving a mouse at the Gnome GUI.