Re: Pretest begins end-June

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Pretest begins end-June
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 23:58:20 -0300

> Is there a plan for things that need to be finished?

Nothing very specific, no.

> For example given that lexical scoping is one of the new things in this
> release it would be nice if more things could use it.  The "term",
> "language" and "international" subdirectories could be converted with
> very little effort.

This is not a priority, no.  The main purpose of Emacs-24's lexical
binding support is to make it possible to use efficient
lexical binding.  Maybe for Emacs-25, we will want to encourage
conversion more explicitly, but not for now.  Note for example that
debugging lexically scoped code is not as well supported.

> Also how about making sure that more programming modes are derived from
> prog-mode?

That would be nice, yes.  Feel free to install such changes.

        Stefan