Re: Now: Emacs<->Mozilla Integration -- Was: Re: Feature change or bug -

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Now: Emacs<->Mozilla Integration -- Was: Re: Feature change or bug - Emacs server
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 01:37:10 -0700

On 6/12/11 9:53 PM, Mohsen BANAN wrote:
> Mozrepl permits considering Mozilla as an emacs coprocess.
> Where emacs can execute javascript inside of
> mozilla. So, all we need is a lisp interpreter
> written in javascript. We can then view Mozilla as
> a renderer and an extension of emacs.
>
> I know that people have tried building a lisp
> interpreter in javascript, but as far as I know
> such a thing does not exist yet.
>
> I am very interested in knowing people's thoughts
> on this approach.

js-mode contains code to integrate with mozrepl. It provides an
elisp<->JavaScript bridge that allows Elisp components to interoperate
with code running in a Mozilla instance. It contains a few applications
of this infrastructure, including a facility to define and update (using
C-M-x) JavaScript functions in Mozilla as one would Lisp functions in Emacs.