Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:11:33 -0400

    I agree, but it seems a very good idea to be as polite as possible
    about these things, as it's very likely they're not making an
    intentional decision to omit Free Software.  Saying something like "I
    won't answer your survey unless you change it" seems unnecessarily
    combative, at least as an initial response.

You're right, as a general point.  However, since we're talking here
about tone, please note that the tone I used was more gentle than "I
won't answer your survey unless you change it."

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation