Re: UI / reaction time - was: Re: 23 branch - can't push - lock

From: chad
Subject: Re: UI / reaction time - was: Re: 23 branch - can't push - lock
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:59:00 -0700

User testing continues to suggest that human reactions work very roughly on
decimal seconds -- .1 seconds is `instant', 1 second is `fast', and 10 seconds
is `slow'.  There are obvious outliers, but this guideline survived from (at
least) the early Apple UI tests through ~2001, when I stopped paying attention
-- but I'll be surprised if it's changed much.

To the point, bazaar/git continues to be much faster than git/bazaar for some
operations and much slower for others.  Neither is fast at all of the
`important' operations for all developers, and the architecture of each
suggests that these things are unlikely to change (although we can hope for
improvements to both, over time).

Hope that helps,
*Chad