Re: pop-to-buffer and friends new behavior or bug?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: pop-to-buffer and friends new behavior or bug?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:10:14 +0200

> That is ok now, except it doesn't honor
> (setq split-width-threshold nil)
> The window is splitted | (vertically?)

I checked in a fix for this.  With `display-buffer-alist' you can
inhibit splitting by adding a (pop-up-window-min-width . 1.0) specifier
(this is currently overriden when `split-width-threshold' is nil).

>>> but not for code that use switch-to-buffer-other-window.
>> That's bad.  `switch-to-buffer-other-window' does call
>>
>> (pop-to-buffer buffer 'other-window norecord)
> `switch-to-buffer-other-window' still not working as expected.
> Maybe you can try ioccur.el and see what happen.
> It is working as expected as it is, you will have to uncomment the line
> with switch-to-buffer...(L964) and comment the next one
> pop-to-buffer...(L965) In the function `ioccur'.

If the effect was that you got a new frame instead, then this should be
fixed now.  There was a silly bug inverting the value of `pop-up-frames'
in `display-buffer-normalize-specifiers-1'.  If you see another effect,
please tell me which one.

Thanks, martin