Re: pop-to-buffer and friends new behavior or bug?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: pop-to-buffer and friends new behavior or bug?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:26:57 +0200

> In anything, i can browse image directory without quitting anything.
> This function `anything-find-files-persistent-action', use
> `display-buffer' and then display image with image-dired function in
> this buffer.This doesn't work anymore (display-buffer).
> The image is displayed ...in minibuffer!!!
> However it is working fine if i use `switch-to-buffer'.
> I have commited a fix at:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/anything-config.git
> where you can read the code.
>
> To reproduce with old code (the one that use display-buffer):
> M-x anything-find-files
> navigate to an image directory.
> hit C-u C-z on an image filename
> You will have the image displayed in minibuffer and it is impossible to
> quit.
>
> The last code is working fine.

Sorry, I build without image support so I won't be able to test this.
Could you please try to edebug `display-buffer-reuse-window' and find
out whether the line

        (when (and (not (window-minibuffer-p window))

is processed in this particular case?  If `window' is a minibuffer
window, it should not be added to the set of candidate windows denoted
by the variable `windows'.

Thank you, martin

PS: Basically, there would be already a bug if `window' were a minibuffer
window in the test above because my first list is constructed by calling

(window-list-1 nil 'nomini method-frame)

where the 'nomini argument should filter out minibuffer windows.