Re: Committing new smtpmail.el later tonight

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Committing new smtpmail.el later tonight
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:36:34 +0200

Antoine Levitt <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is this when you try to send via smtp.gmail.com?
>
> Yes, with the config just like the emacswiki page.

I found a bug in the MAIL FROM auth handling, which made the auth not
work unless you already had a password in the ~/.authinfo file, but that
doesn't seem to be your problem...

Hm...

Ah, I think I know what the problem is.  You don't have gnutls built in
in your Emacs?  That is, does things start working if you say

(require 'gnutls)

and you've compiled your Emacs with gnutls support?  In that case, I
think I know what the problem is, and I'll fix it in a few jiffies...