Re: Committing new smtpmail.el later tonight

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Committing new smtpmail.el later tonight
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:45:57 +0200

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> From what I'm reading in the code, auth-source doesn't do that, so I'm
>> going to add that.
>
> I've now done this, and it should (at least) make it possible for you to
> send emails again.

Indeed, although I'm getting the following message

gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: A TLS packet with unexpected length
was received.

and

Process smtpmail connection broken by remote peer

in the SMTP trace buffer, which would seem to indicate that we're
disconnecting and reconnecting to the SMTP server, then doing AUTH? Or
is this a side effect of STARTTLS?

> However, if you save the passwords, it'll probably double up the lines,
> which I need to fix somehow...

I answered 'N' to the saving question, so this didn't happen to me :)

Robert