Re: Common Lisp support for Semantic?

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: Common Lisp support for Semantic?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:28:09 -0400

On 06/20/2011 11:42 AM, David O'Toole wrote:
Hello there, I took a peek at the Emacs Lisp parser for Semantic
(interestingly, the file is named "el.el" :)

It seems that I could make a version of this that supports Common
Lisp. A few questions:

1. Has anyone else already done this?
2. If not, should I start by making a copy of el.el and then changing
it to work with Common Lisp? Or, should I try to make el.el support
both languages by branching just at the points where syntax differs?

el.el already hooks into Lisp buffers and I have been told it works ok. To get better lisp support would mean abandoning the Emacs Lisp parser all together as it eventually calls Emacs' 'read' function.

As such, Jan Moringen's suggestion is best.

Eric