Re: Buffers relative order

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Buffers relative order
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:27:52 +0200

>> Please use this as a workaround for the moment.  I shall see later
>> whether it's worth to make this customizable or restore the old
>> behavior.
>
> Why would a user want to choose between the new and old behavior?

The new buffer list implementation differs from the previous one in the
following sense: When I remove a buffer from a window I now show the
buffer that appeared in it before (unless it hasn't been buried in the
meantime).  That means what I did earlier when quitting a help window I
now do for windows showing non-help buffers as well.

For implementing this I use window local buffer lists which, however,
don't get saved and restored along with the desktop because desktop
doesn't save and restore window configurations yet.  So someone using
desktop currently sees different behaviors when exiting and reentering
Emacs.

martin