Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104691: Don't reuse previous Mes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104691: Don't reuse previous Message-id when resending.
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:17:28 -0400

This is not really for "resend", it is for `rmail-retry-failure'.
Sorry about that.

I fixed this because sending the message again with the same
Message-ID caused confusion in another program that did processing of
mail.  It did not expect to get two messages on different dates with
the same Message-ID.

Unfortunately, that was about a year ago, so I don't recall any
details.

Using a new Message-ID can't do any harm.  It isn't wrong.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation