clutter integration in the xwidget branch

From: joakim
Subject: clutter integration in the xwidget branch
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:05:04 +0200

I did a preliminary "hello world" type xwidget using clutter-gtk.

Information about clutter:
http://www.clutter-project.org/

My example just loads a hard coded svg file into a clutter canvas inside
emacs. This happens through librsvg->cairo->clutter-gtk. The example is
much speedier than our current svg support, but can be optimised more
still.

So what's missing to get an animated GPU accelerated Gnu herd jumping about in
Emacs?

- research how to implement MVC with Clutter

- research proper lisp bindings for Clutter. (so you need to read and
respond to my other thread. You guys spend too much time trolling about
mail setting and too little on my important threads :) Possibly one
could benefit from Guile Clutter?

--
Joakim Verona