Re: Idea for C-x v u

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Idea for C-x v u
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:51:55 +0200

Am 27.06.2011 15:06, schrieb Richard Stallman:
It is definitely a good idea to check the diffs of a file before
reverting a change, but normally it's a waste of time for C-x v u to
do that because I will have done it manually.

However, if I ever forget to do that, it wouldn't hurt for C-x v u to
remind me.

Hi,

think it might pay more to consider the conditions when forgetting occurs.

If it's just to late, a warning might make you still more forgetting.

BTW a feature I most enjoy is abolish warnings when a buffer get's closed.

(defun kill-buffer-unconditional (&optional puffer)
  " "
  (interactive)
  (when puffer
    (set-buffer puffer)
    (switch-to-buffer (current-buffer))
    )
  (set-buffer-modified-p 'nil)
  (kill-buffer (current-buffer)))

Well, sorry, that's again the opposite direction :)

Seriously: usually run two different VC's at same time: RCS in the background, committing more often --and without messages-- while above bazaar or whatever gets it, when it seems done.

Cheers,

Andreas