Re: Reminder about feature freeze

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Reminder about feature freeze
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:41:08 +0200

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 17:12, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> In order to ensure a smooth transition to the pretest, I encourage
> everyone who has a pending patch that implements a new feature to commit
> it, or ask to have it committed, ASAP.  If committing during July,
> please discuss on emacs-devel first.

I'm currently rewritting emacs-lock.el to make it cleaner and add some
features inspired by Noah Friedman's protbuf.el; in particular, I want
it to separate the two kind of lockings it conflates: locking against
Emacs exiting, and locking against killing the buffer. (There will be
one interface, `emacs-lock-mode', but you will be able to ask for
either behavior or both, with a customizable default).

The issue was briefly discussed long ago (there's a thread "emacs-lock
enhancements" from 2009-09-22). I procratinated a bit ;-) and the
sudden pretest announcement took me a bit by surprise.

I expect to have a version ready to show and discuss in the next few
days. In any case, the impact of my changes is minimal, affecting only
emacs-lock.el, which does not seem to be a very used package at all.

    Juanma