Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:40:50 +0200

On 2011-06-30 11:09, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
Dan Nicolaescu<address@hidden>  writes:

We do not support alpha*-dec-osf* anymore, so this particular bug
report can be closed.

Right.

Then there's the oodles of misguided feature requests like (at random):

which doesn't sound very useful, and is also incompatible with the
current return values, since (string-to-number "0x45" 16) today returns
0, so it should be dismissed instead of letting it linger on.

I wish we could have a Festival of Bug Triage, where each of us (how
many are there?  20?) pledge to close five bug reports per day.  That's
like a thousand in three weeks.  :-)

Then we could use the bug tracker to track bugs.

But, of course, it depends on what the policy for bug closure is...

The festival sounds like a great idea. I just wish I had the knowledge to actually fix that many bugs.

Deniz