Re: Reminder about feature freeze

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Reminder about feature freeze
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:50:58 -0400

> In any case, I think old.el should be moved to obsolete/ as
> old-emacs-lock.el, like we did with old-whitespace.el, in case any
> user really wants to use the old code for whatever reason.

OK.  (OT: though personally I'm not a big fan of the obsolete/
directory; in this day and age, it's trivial to find old library
versions without including them in the distribution.  We ought to think
about deleting some of the really obsolete stuff from there.)

> I think that's all. Hope I'm not late for the pretest ;-)

Not at all.  I looked through the code, and found no problems, though I
have not tested it.  Some minor comments are below.  Feel free to wait a
few days for others to weigh in; don't feel compelled to commit before
the end of the month.  Please include a NEWS entry.

> (defgroup emacs-lock nil
>   "Emacs-lock mode."
>   :version "24.1"
>   :group 'convencience)

Typo in "convenience".

> (defcustom emacs-lock-default-locking-mode 'all
>   "Default locking mode of Emacs-Locked buffers.
> Its value is used as default for `emacs-lock-mode' (which see)
                      ^ the
> the first time that Emacs Lock mode is turned on in a buffer
> without passing an explicit locking mode."

It would be better to document the meanings of `exit', `kill', etc. here
as well, even if it's a duplicate of the information in the docstring of
`emacs-lock-mode', so that users browsing the Customize group have the
information right in front of them.

> (defun emacs-lock--kill-emacs-query-functions ()
>   "Display a message if any buffer is exit-locked.
> Returns a value appropriate for `kill-emacs-query-functions' (which see)."

"Returns" should be "return".