RE: Idea for C-x v u

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Idea for C-x v u
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:34:20 -0700

> I use a local hack to eliminate the confirmation
> prompt from revert-buffer in the case that I use
> M-x revert-buffer rather than a keybinding.

FWIW, I do the same - er, the opposite.  I bind `F5' to revert with no
confirmation.  I use that when I want to revert quickly (quick key, no
confirmation).

That is also the MS Windows key for updating (which is what most of the Emacs
"revert" functions really do - they do not revert to a previous state).