Re: debbugs.el revisited

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: debbugs.el revisited
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:08:51 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> debbugs.el currently lives in GNU ELPA.  Can I check it into the Emacs
>> sources for easier continued development and usage?
>
> Please work in the GNU ELPA repository.

I think the debbugs.el interface is very usable now, and should be used
by both developers and users to check and track bug reports.  It's
certainly more convenient than the web interface.

So I think it should go into Emacs.  But you're the boss.

> According to the Debbugs SOAP interface documentation at
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface
>
> the get_status method accepts multiple bug numbers, so it should only be
> necessary to make one request.

Yeah, I found that out after a while.

Is there any particular reason emails sometimes take hours to get posted
to the mailing list?  It's kinda odd...