Re: bzr help, please

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: bzr help, please
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 01:25:44 +0200

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> I am leaving out all the intermediate steps where I get real work done
> (e.g., resolving merge conflicts), but I hope you get the idea.

Yeah.  But I'm wondering whether it's easier to just go back to the
bound branch thingie.  :-)  I usually do rather small things on the
Emacs code, so the main annoyance is that it takes so long to check
stuff in.

But I think it's perhaps easier to solve that by having a separate Emacs
that I only use for vc mode.

Currently my work flow is

* change some stuff in some functions
* test it
* "bzr update"
* write the changelog really really fast so that there's no other
  commits getting in my way
* commit from vc-mode

The "write the ChangeLogs reall really fast" is, perhaps, the most
annoying bit.  Because if I get a ChangeLog conflict, that's five
minutes out the window while conflict-resoluting, bzr updating again,
checking in again...