Re: GTK3 Emacs

From: joakim
Subject: Re: GTK3 Emacs
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:42:17 +0200

Antoine Levitt <address@hidden> writes:

> 30/06/11 22:43, address@hidden
>> I noticed that is now possible to compile Emacs with GTK3. It looks
>> pretty good! Thanks guys!
>
> Does it actually change anything?

Just the looks AFAICT. However, GTK3 has many differences at the API
level. I noticed this by trying to convert my xwidget branch to GTK3 and

I had to make many changes in my code, so the overall effort to convert all of
Emacs to GTK3 must have been big.

As an aside, some of the changes in GTK3 are annoying. The method of
clipping I employ in GTK2 no longer works for innstance.
--
Joakim Verona