Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 18:57:53 +0200

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm far from knowledgable about this, but my impression was that bugs
> get automatically archived after a while, regardless of their status
> (e.g. closed).

If I query from the archive only, I get only messages marked as "done":

 8701 important,done       address@hidden    ] Segmentation fault with j
 8702 important,done       [John ff                ] 23.1; Segmentation fault
 8703 normal,done          [Bertram Felgenhauer    ] truncated unicode glyphs
 8704 normal,done          [James Ahlborn          ] 23.2; nxml-mode function
 8708 normal,done          [Alan Malloy            ] 24.0.50; up-list broken w
 8710 minor,done           [Leo                    ] 23.3.50; diff-refine-hunk
 8719 normal,done          [Paul Eggert            ] ccl: add some integer ove
 8721 normal,patch,done    [Dmitry Kurochkin       ] isearch does not handle l
 8722 normal,done          [Paul Eggert            ] dbusbind.c fixes for inte
 8731 normal,done          [Katsumi Yamaoka        ] 24.0.50; smtpmail-send-it
 8733 wishlist,patch,done  [Oliver Scholz          ] New Input Method for IPA
 8735 minor,done           [bruce robertson        ] 23.2; shell mode mistaken

(Listing all severities from the archive took about a minute, so
apparently the "archive" isn't slower than the normal bugs.  I suspect
"archived" just means "isn't included in the default search", and the
only ones that get that treatment are apparently "done"-marked bugs that
are older than four weeks.)