Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 13:16:28 -0400

> apparently the "archive" isn't slower than the normal bugs.  I suspect
> "archived" just means "isn't included in the default search", and the
> only ones that get that treatment are apparently "done"-marked bugs that
> are older than four weeks.)

admin/notes/bugtracker:

    ** How does archiving work?
    You can still send mail to a bug after it is closed.  After 28 days with
    no activity, the bug is archived, at which point no more changes can
    be made.  If you try to send mail to the bug after that (or merge with
    it), it will be rejected.  To make any changes, you must unarchive it
    first:

    unarchive 123

    The bug will be re-archived after the next 28 day period of no activity.