Re: derived-mode should provide default abbrev-table

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: derived-mode should provide default abbrev-table
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:48:13 +0200

- If a name is given which doesn't represent a valid table, the mode hook
should make an empty one from it silently.

No, that's not how it works: we do not want to encourage the use of
non-standard abbrev-table names.

         Stefan

Hm, that's not plausible for me. Could you tell the reason?

A derived mode will probable deserve a new table of it's own, if the parent table is not suitable.

What kind of standard you see in danger here which respect to mode-name?

Or to say: to give a choice but making it complicate using it, sounds a little bit, hmm...

Andreas