Re: Emacs and the Status Notification Specification

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs and the Status Notification Specification
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 04:11:05 -0400

    >     I like GNU ELPA and see no need to change it.
    > It will predictably cause confusion, because many people won't know
    > that GNU ELPA and ELPA are different.

    I'd be very surprised if that's the case.

In the context of GNU, anyone who sees "ELPA" and "GNU ELPA" will
assume that the former is short for the latter.  If the person has
recently paid attention to an explanation of the difference, he may
remember the difference, but otherwise he will naturally assume they
are the same.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation