Re: debbugs.el revisited

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: debbugs.el revisited
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 13:48:42 -0400

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> The version number is the version number the fix has been applied to?
> Then perhaps it could just default to sending over
>
> emacs-version
> => "24.0.50.6"
>
> if the user doesn't override it?

I think that's a bad idea. The right number to use in that case would be
"24.1", ie the first _release_ in which something is fixed. "24.0.50.6",
or even "24.0.50" is a meaningless version number.
Obviously you could automatically deduce "24.1" and use that instead,
but I think passing a version number by default is not a good idea.
Just give the option to specify a version number when the user thinks
it's appropriate, and otherwise don't pass one.

Other wishlist items, I don't know if these are really debbugs.el
issues. I'll just mention them, feel free to ignore:

i) Don't include both address@hidden and bug-gnu-emacs/emacs-pretest-bug in
the To:/Cc: of replies. They are basically aliases of each other, so we
just get duplicate copies if people use both. address@hidden is the right
address to use.

ii) In replies, replace any old emacsbugs.donarmstrong addresses with
debbugs.g.o addresses.