Re: secure plist store

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: secure plist store
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 11:13:41 +0900

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> DU> Good to hear that.  I would also suggest to make :search-function and
> DU> :create-function virtual methods.  That is a standard OO programming
> DU> style, I expected to see when I found defclass in auth-source.el ;-)
>
> Yeah, none of that was necessary so far but plstore.el has created the
> necessity

I don't think so.  First, it is not a requirement but a preferable
style.  Second, it is helpful for understanding the code to follow the
standard OO style whenever you use the OO framework, even if there is
only a few classes (I mean the base class, the netrc backend class, and
the Secrets API class).  Otherwise you should document like "we use
defclass as a rich-defstruct so far" somewhere.

> I wonder if refactoring is OK under the feature freeze?

I would say we should definitely wait for the next release cycle.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno