Permission to release new features to SQL.EL

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: Permission to release new features to SQL.EL
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 13:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

I've been offline for most of the last two months due to work deadlines.
Around Memorial Day I finally received a Copyright Waiver from my employer
(been waiting for over 7 months).  So I sat down to to get lots of outstanding
new features polished for release.  I then spent some time getting caught up on
the Emacs Devel maillist and discovered that we have entered a feature freeze.

So, I'm asking if it permissible for me to release the new features in sql.el,
several of which I've had email requests for.  There's nearly a year's worth of
bug fixes and new features that I'd really like to get published.  If I get
permission, the release should be ready in a day or so.  I have looked at
trying to break up the changes in to more coherent chunks but the effort will
take another week or two to do so.

Features:

* Improved Syntax highlighting for SQLite, MySQL, Postgres and Oracle
* Navigation by SQL statement
* Creation and use of defined connections to simplify establishing interactive
sessions
* Ability to view database structures in separate buffers
* Many bug fixes

Thank you.

-- Michael