Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: How does the Emacs bug tracker work?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:39:35 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

>> And I suspect that will be accessed 1000x more often than the Emacs
>> interface (by web bots :-),
>
> robots.txt forbids them. :)

Which reminds me -- searching for Emacs bugs on Google only seems to
give me the static (archived) bug reports.  And this is presumably
because the machine disallows searching for the non-archived (newer) bug
reports?

I think it would be nice if people were able to use the search engines
to find previous bug reports.  :-)

Is there any plans to upgrade the debbugs.gnu.org machine so that it
could allow search engines back?  If it's a 500MB machine now, it sounds
like it might be slightly (ahem) old?