Re: Annoying resizing of Rmail windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Annoying resizing of Rmail windows
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 07:59:27 -0400

> Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:21:35 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > I see that the value of display-buffer-alist has this:
>  >
>  >   (reuse-window-even-sizes . t)
>  >
>  > Shouldn't that part be gone when even-window-heights is nil?
>
> Indeed.
>
>  > In any case, please help me get rid of this annoyance, TIA.
>
> Should be fixed now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, but for some reason I still see the old behavior, after
rebuilding Emacs.

And the change you made, viz.

         ;; `even-window-heights'
         (unless (and (boundp 'even-window-heights)
  -                (not even-window-heights))
  +                even-window-heights)
          (setq specifiers
                (cons (cons 'reuse-window-even-sizes t) specifiers)))

seems to be backwards, i.e. the original code was correct.  Perhaps
instead you should add `(reuse-window-even-sizes)', i.e. with an
explicit nil cdr, if even-window-heights is nil?  Or am I missing
something obvious?

Thanks.