Re: Hook to debbug to forward bug reports to modules maintainers?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Hook to debbug to forward bug reports to modules maintainers?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:54:59 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Not automatically, no. You can check
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/org-mode

Thanks for the pointer.

> from time to time, assuming someone reassigns things to that package
> ("someone" usually does). Any subsequent correspondence on those reports
> goes to both addresses automatically. If people file bugs with the right
> package, this will happen from the start, but you cannot rely on people
> to do that, else you could just ask them to send them to your preferred
> address from the start.

Ok, I will explore this interface more carefully.

>> We would avoid double work: sometimes people fix things in Emacs
>> that have been already fixed in latest Org version, or I have to
>> duplicate the fix in Org's version.
>
> The right solution to this would seem to be more frequent syncing
> between the two repositories.

I will.

I didn't sync the 7.5 as I hoped I could find a better way than just
_copying_ the files -- but I'll merge 7.6.1 as soon as it is released
and will release more often.

Keeping an fresh version in GNU ELPA will still be useful IMHO.

--
 Bastien