Re: bug#8615: bug#6954: bug#8615: Please make sure v q removes the buffe

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: bug#8615: bug#6954: bug#8615: Please make sure v q removes the buffer for JPGs just like it does for other files
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:47:45 +0200

16/07/11 01:38, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
> Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Most other files (all?) are opened in view-mode, which binds `q' and
>> z' differently. I think view-mode and special-mode need to agree on
>> how to map certain keys, e.g. `q', i.e. common operations like quit or
>> kill-buffer. Either by deriving view-mode from special-mode or
>> matching the maps.
>
> It's not a view-mode issue.
>
> Open up a directory in dired.  Select a sub-directory.  Type `q'.  End
> up in a buffer that wasn't the one you started in.
>
> So `quit-window' and friends have apparently gotten a bit confused in
> the last couple of days.

I'm not 100% sure that's related, but the ordering in (buffer-list) has
changed recently.

I think there's a bug that the order of (buffer-list) is sometimes not
modified when switching buffers. I attach a piece of code I use to
quickly switch buffers, with debug info printing the first buffers in
(buffer-list). The order of (buffer-list) is not modified when I press
s-tab, but it is when I M-x switch-to-most-recent-buffer. This result in
this code behaving in weird ways on recent versions of emacs. It used to
be fine a few days ago (if this bug proves hard to track, I'm willing to
bisect).

I'll report this as a separate bug if this turns out to be unrelated.