Re: Unable to build emacs-23 since months now.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Unable to build emacs-23 since months now.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:19:44 +0200

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 17:14, Thierry Volpiatto
<address@hidden> wrote:

> So actually it is impossible for people that use Ubuntu 11.04 to build
> emacs-23.

Well, what to do? Surely if there's a fix in the trunk, and it does
not depend on 24.X changes (which I don't know), packagers for Ubuntu
can fix it locally.

Other than that, you're talking about people who builds their own
Emacs, so I'd suggest switching to the trunk (yes, I know, it is less
stable), or extracting a fix from the trunk, if possible, and
publishing the patch somewhere, like the Emacs Wiki.

Or... pushing for a 23.4 release :-)

    Juanma