Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:25:50 +0200

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 06:59, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alternatively, we could postpone the pretest and invest the time into
> this issue now.  IMO, reverting everything, or even a large portion of
> it, would be extremely unkind to Martin's efforts, especially that the
> only reason for that is our self-imposed date of pretest start.  That
> date is by no means sacred.  We should cherish significant
> contributions like this one much more than we cherish the schedule of
> Emacs releases.

+1

Let's not forget that the reason we're struggling right now with
Martin's changes is that he had them in a branch for a long time with
little outside testing. Which makes me wonder if, really, developing
such sweeping changes in a branch is such a good idea, once past the
point where everything seems to be more or less in place. Is not as if
destabilizing the trunk is such a big deal anyway, and it would get
more testing.

    Juanma