Re: more than one prefix argument

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: more than one prefix argument
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:51:59 +1000

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Andreas Röhler
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 27.07.2011 13:21, schrieb Andreas Schwab:
>>
>> Andreas Röhler<address@hidden>  writes:
>>
>>> We need a number or a boolean.
>>
>> You need to distinguish C-u and 4 as well.
>>

> C-u would send `t'

which means now your possible values are both numeric and non-numeric,
requiring extra tests and increasing code complexity.

> If the command needs a 4 too possibly, write  "p\nP" than enabling both
> input

How would you distinguish between that and multiple c-u's as in

C-u C-u C-i C-u M-x command

which ones are p and which ones are P?

>>> "p" should send a number, 1 as default.
>>> "P" a boolean, nil as default.
>>
>> "P" is the raw prefix.  "p" is what prefix-numeric-value returns from
>> it.
>
> double-wouble
>
> lets have sent at once whats needed.

The shiraz tonight was very nice - I don't know if its you or me, but
I can't follow! Sorry.

Tim