Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:16:40 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:02:07 +0200
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 13:30, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Developing in a separate branch seems to have been successful for Eli's
> > bidi work, so I think it varies.
>
> Honestly, we don't yet know if it has worked for Eli's bidi changes,
> because `bidi-display-reordering' still defaults to nil. Once we
> switch it and start getting bug reports. or not, we'll see.

Exactly my thoughts.  Although in my case, I made a point of merging
onto the trunk as soon as the code was reasonably stable (read:
stopped crashing every minute or so).  I'm grateful to Stefan and
Chong for their encouragement to do so, because I had my doubts.

> That said, I think Eli's bidi is a huge amount of work and he's been
> very thourough, and if I had to bet, I'd bet on bidi integration being
> a success.

Thanks.  But I still have my doubts ;-)