Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: display-buffer-alist simplifications
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:46:34 -0400

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:12:34 +0900
> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>, Chong Yidong <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden
>
> I just hate to see people arguing that code that's in a project
> should stay just because it's already in.  That always has the
> effect of making it harder to conduct such experiments in the first
> place!

A major surgery of one of the Emacs core functionalities, whose
development was encouraged by the head maintainers and whose merge
onto the trunk was explicitly sanctioned by them, is no longer an
``experiment''.  It was an experiment only as long as it was on a
separate branch.  Now it's much more than that.

(Yes, I have a knee-jerk reaction to disrespect for others' work, as
much as you have a knee-jerk reaction to "people arguing that code
should stay just because it's already in".)