Re: Proposed patch: allow user to disable lockfile creation

From: Evil Boris
Subject: Re: Proposed patch: allow user to disable lockfile creation
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:20:25 -0400

Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> Those symlinks that emacs creates to help avoid collisions between users
> editing simultaneously cause me lots of pain and no gain, so I propose
> the enclosed patch that allows me to disable the feature.

No one has brought this up yet: in my use case files are very rarely
edited by multiple users, but they are often edited by multiple
simultaneous instances of emacs; sometimes by multiple versions of
emacs.  I have been saved by the locking mechanism more than once.  Not
sure how crucial symlinks are to the implementation of those.
Please do not remove the feature altogether.