Re: Compiled files without sources????

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Compiled files without sources????
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 15:25:22 +0200

"Evgeny M. Zubok" <address@hidden> writes:

>> There are multiple archives called "ELPA" and I am not sure which one
>> you mean.  If it is the GNU one, we definitely must add the
>> documentation source.  If it is another, we cannot tell those people
>> what to do with code that isn't copyright FSF.  But we won't refer the
>> users to any archive that fails to follow thus rule.
>
> Yes, I meant the GNU ELPA and the packages `muse' and `auctex'.

I am somewhat surprised since the upstream AUCTeX source includes an
XEmacs package in the Makefile that does come with the documentation
sources.

Their package format has been designed with one goal being not to have
the GPL compliance police breathe down the XEmacs developers' necks, so
it would seem fair that we ourselves try to meet the standards others
can reasonably expect to be subjected to by us.

--
David Kastrup