Re: Proposed patch: allow user to disable lockfile creation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Proposed patch: allow user to disable lockfile creation
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:12:08 -0400

    > That is why the advance warning feature does not need to be 100%
    > dependable.  It is an added convenience.  It is convenient to get the
    > warning before you start editing, rather than only when you try to
    > save the file.

    I'm sure that depends on your perspective about what's convenient.  The
    advance warning feature may be convenient for you, but for me (and
    apparently I'm not alone) it's a nuisance.

We are miscommunicating.  I am not arguing against the feature you
requested.  I don't see anything bad about it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation