Emacs bzr access problems

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Emacs bzr access problems
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:59:34 -0600

Since a couple of days ago (that's when I first noticed it) I am having trouble updating my local bzr repos from the Emacs trunk.

The branch set up with ssh works fine. The ones without ssh, branched from `nosmart+bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk' won't update on `bzr pull'.

The error I get is:
Using saved parent location: bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk/
bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.

Not sure if this is an Emacs bzr problem or a general bzr problem. The problem exists on Windows (bzr v2.3.3) as well as GNU/Linux (bzr v2.3.4).

Anybody else having issues like this?

Christoph