Re: Compiled files without sources????

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Compiled files without sources????
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:56:48 -0400

    It wasn't a "boo-boo", it was a deliberate omission for the
    convenience of the Emacs and CEDET developers who considered
    integration of CEDET functionality more important than the principle
    of software freedom.  The fact that you consider it a "minor boo-boo"
    suggests that the underlying problem is nowhere near to being fixed.

Hear, hear!  Part of the responsibility of GNU maintainers is
to give the principle of software freedom highest priority.

    And if I were a redistributor of Emacs, I wouldn't consider it
    technically fixed until the FSF explicitly licenses my past
    distributions which, as it turns out, technically infringe FSF
    copyrights since they don't conform to the conditions of the GPL.

That is a good point.  Of course, we should do this.  But first we
should give them corrected tarballs as replacements to switch to.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation