Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:37:41 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Btw, did anyone fix Gnus summary, to display the line count correctly
> when the Subject is using an R2L script?  It was reported a day or two
> ago here, and I said that the LRM character (possibly invisible)
> should be inserted right after the subject to fix that.

If people cut and paste summary lines, won't the LRM character then be
included in what they cut and paste?  It's just my gut reaction, but
inserting invisible characters into buffers seems like a non-optimal
design to me...

Could possibly the LRM control instead be done with text properties or
the like?