Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:27:16 -0400

DK> The subjects are not the first directional characters in the
DK> paragraph of a summary buffer which consists of lines like

DK> R.+[  12: Stefan Monnier         ] Re: bidi-display-reordering is now
non-nil by default

The problem for gnus' summary buffer is the name of the poster of the
first message in said buffer.  A fresh summary buffer usually has only
neutral characters before the name, and r2l names do affect the entire
buffer until and unless one reads or deletes that first message, thereby
replacine a space with, typically, one of [dDER].

I haven't yet tried setting bidi-paragraph-direction in such a buffer.
(None have come up for me since I leaned of that var.)  That might fix
things for Summary.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6